Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My Personal Record

I can't believe I keep forgetting to write this down because I was so excited that I acheived a new personal record for the 5K on a memorial day race. I came in at 22:21. This is really good for me. The whole time I ran the race, I stayed close to a couple of guys. One was wearing a T-shirt that read, "We Are the Champions". That shirt kept me going. It's funny that running is so mental. Anyway, I ran pretty hard and had an upset tummy all day. It was still worth the pain, and I felt like I really achieved something. Someday, I would like to beat 18:00. I wonder if that goal is too lofty. We'll see!

1 Comments:

Blogger they call me mommy said...

Wow! I'm so jealous. I cannot wait to be setting running goals again. As it is, I'm trying to pacify myself with swimming. Whatever. Totally not the same AT ALL. But I'm so happy for you and what a great accomplishment this is. David says great job, too!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home