Monday, May 16, 2005

My Thiry-Six Tomato Plants

Is it overkill? I'm so excited. We grew them from seed and so I have a maternal feeling for the little seedlings. Today was a perfect day to plant: overcast with rain in the forecast. After setting aside some plants for family and friends, I was left with thirty-six. With Nathan nestled in the carrying sling on my back, I planted twenty-four this afternoon. Maybe I'll be able to sneak out some time today and plant the rest. I also planted corn and peas. I planted the corn and peas in the same row mixed together. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

You know, my dream is to grow old with my sweet hubby and garden, garden, garden. We'll get a few missions in there, some genealogy, some temple work, and some time with the grandkids. I'm so glad we have all these interests in common. It will be a joy to grow old with Mark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home