Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

Monday was a very hard day for me. Everything started out innocent enough. After running off my guilt of eating three cookies, cheesecake and a piece of pie for Mother's Day, I went home and mowed the lawn. I heard Nick screaming and went inside to check on him. He had peed his pants! Nick was hysterical and woke Nathan from his nap as I was cleaning him up. I took Nathan out of his crib and he threw up all over. Poor kid has the stomach flu. He threw up every ten minutes from about 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. It was horrible. I felt so bad for the poor little guy. I called the nurse around 1:30 and she said I should take him in if he couldn't keep a teaspoon of liquid down for fifteen minutes. I called back at around 2:00 and made an appointment for 3:30pm.

Of course, I lost my car keys and had to call and say we couldn't make it. Nathan still wasn't holding any liquids down, so the nurse thought he might have to go to Primary Children's Hopital to get an IV. When I was busy with Nathan (cleaning throw up off of everything and worrying sick about him), Nick fell asleep on the carpet and peed his pants again! I almost laughed aloud because of everything that was going on ... is this for real? Luckily, Nathan started holding stuff down again by the time Mark came home with the keys. We discovered a wet diaper and decided not to take him to the Hospital yet. (I didn't want him to have to go through that because he didn't have dry skin or sunken eyes - and he still cried tears) He only threw up on me once last night, and then got diarrhea. He pooped in our bed and on me and in the bathtub with me when I was up trying to cool his fever down. (He threw up the Tylenol I gave him)

Happy Mother's Day!



The little guy is doing much better today. No vomit. He still has diarrhea. Poor kid! I hope Nick doesn't catch the bug.

1 Comments:

Blogger they call me mommy said...

Awwww...that is sad! For all of you! So sorry, Ash. I thought it was bad enough that *I* was sick for Mother's Day. Nothing like a little perspective, huh? I hope you all get better and that nobody gets worse. And the bright side of this whole thing is, how can any other Mother's Day ever top this one? It can only get better!

Love ya!
Cheryl

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home