Monday, April 18, 2005

Tuesday

Nicholas is so proud that he is learning his letters. He copied the title of one of our favorite books. (I highly recommend this one) It's so fun to watch him learn.



Today one of my best friends from highschool finished the Boston Marathon. What an inspiration! I would like to run the St. George Marathon this fall. We'll see what happens. Maybe I'll be ten months pregnant by then! Or is it ten days ... feels the same. (just kidding)

I got an email from my sister, Larissa, today. She is serving a mission in Venezuela. She is having an amazing experience! It makes me realize how sheltered I am. There are so many perspectives and so many people to meet. The world is such a different experience for each person. A close friend told me of an experience she had in Isreal. She noticed children playing in the streets - so happy to be alive. How could they be happy in such a poor environment? They know nothing else. It is in our nature to seek happiness. Happiness is found within ourselves. We have the power to choose whether we want to be happy or not. No one can really take that from us.

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.
- Viktor E. Frankl

I really want to read about this man's experiences. He has such an amazing attitude! Maybe some of it will rub off on me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home