Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Nathan Must Be French

Last week, I was working in the yard and the boys were playing. I noticed Nathan was playing with snails. My initial thought was, "Yuck!" But then I reasoned that I was getting a lot done and that he doesn't always entertain himself. I went back to my yardwork. The next time I looked up, he had smashed the snails all over. I scooped him up and washed him. I never realized how hard it is to wash snail entrails off of skin. It's pretty sticky and slimy.

I should have learned my lesson, but I didn't. The next time I saw Nathan, the snail smashing had progressed to snail tasting. What's more, he liked it. Again I washed him up. This kid is the world's pickiest eater. I've only barely been able to feed him any kind of food other than yogurt and he's fourteen months old! But ... he likes snails. I took him back out with the camera because I wanted proof. I handed him a snail and the first thing he did was put it in his mouth! Eww! I was sad because our camera went on the rampage and deleted a bunch of files: no proof. Oh well, it makes a good story.

1 Comments:

Blogger they call me mommy said...

I *LOVE* this story! So funny! And sooooo painfully typical. They won't try anything that you wash clean, steam perfectly, and place lovingly on their plate, but take them outdoors and it's aaaallll about what they can put in their mouths next!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home