Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My Horrific Experience

I spent most of the day yesterday out in the garden. Of course, there was water and mud involved and of course the boys decided they needed to be involved too. Nathan was so filthy that I wasn't even sure if he was inside of the little glob of popsicle, sand and mud wandering around outside. Needless to say, we all needed a bath. After I finished planting my last batch of corn, I plopped Nicholas, Nathan and myself into the bath. After some scrubbing, we were all clean. I stepped out of the bathtub and wrapped a towel around me. My eyes wandered to the mirror for a split second before I looked back at the tub and saw Nathan's panicked face looking up at me from beneath the water. Everything was in slow motion as I threw my arm into the water to snatch up my sweet baby. Nathan smiled at me and put his head down on my shoulder. He wasn't coughing, so he must not have aspirated any water. I felt sick to my stomach and my heart was pounding. I've always been so careful about not leaving my baby unattended in the bathtub. I guess you can't even look away for a second. Being right by the tub isn't always enough. When he slipped into the water, he didn't even make a sound. Nick still has no idea what happened; it was so quick that he never saw anything even though Nick was in the tub with Nathan. I really feel like a guardian angel must have been holding onto my Nathan for me until I could grab him. What a blessing.

1 Comments:

Blogger they call me mommy said...

Oh, poor Ashley! And Nathan, of course. But poor Ashley. Don't you just love these heart-stopping moments we have as parents? Ugh!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home