Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I Built It and They're Coming!

I am so excited about my bean trellace. It was kind of fun to build. Now the beans are actually growing up the strings! No really, this is exciting! I love to watch my garden grow. I think I'll try growing peas up a trellace next. Hey, maybe I can do that this fall.

I spent most of my day yesterday working in the yard. Mark has so much going on between his new job and his side business that I feel like I hardly see him. The last thing I want him to do is come home and mow the lawn. He should be taking me out on dates to nice restaurants instead ... don't you think?

We bought a car yesterday. It's kind of funny, but I'm excited. We bought a '92 Oldsmobile. It only had 106,000 miles on it and spent most of it's time in a garage. Mark read up on it and found that lots of people have been able to get 250,000 miles on theirs. So, it's almost like having a new car, only we paid $1,900 for it instead of $19,000. Pretty cool. We've still managed to never have a car payment. Our goal is to be millionaires by the time we turn fifty. Then we can retire and live off of interest. After all, isn't it all about how much you save? (That's what I keep telling myself ... sometimes it's sooo tempting to spend lots of money!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that kind of self-control and farsightedness is something I envy more than I can say.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home