Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm Glad the Day is Over

Wow, today has been nuts. I forgot to go to my visiting teaching appointment this Thursday, so I woke up early to make some cookies as a peace-offering. Nathan woke up in an extremely foul mood and started the day by throwing temper tantrums and hitting me.

I grabbed a batch of cookies out of the oven and raced out the door to a 9:00am choir practice. I had to race back at 9:30am because Mark volunteered to play his viola at a retirement center at 9:45. I finished getting the kids ready for church amidst more tantrums and hitting. I looked outside and the overcast day had turned into an all-out blizzard! Yikes - I drug all four kids to church by myself, managed to sing in the choir with the three boys sitting relatively quiet in the pew. Mark joined us after he helped sing in the choir.

Nathan decided he was hungry and he threw more tantrums and hit me some more. I told him that little boys who hit cannot go to primary. I told him I was afraid he would hit the other kids and the teacher. He was so upset. It was a lot harder to sit with him than to send him to class, but I think I got the point across. It was really sad to hear him cry that he was hungry. I had to tell him that he could eat after church and he was still so upset.

Oh - I forgot to mention that it was Zeke's turn to bring snacks to nursery. In the middle of this, I had also volunteered to bring an Almond Puff Pastry to Amy's birthday party. I made hamburgers for lunch after chasing the kids into the car and back home. Nick said he didn't like his. I was in the kitchen for the rest of the afternoon and then we ran out to Amy's party. The party was pretty nice, but I am glad to be home now. It was just a crazy day and I'm glad it's over!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Holy cow! When does the "restful Sabbath" part come in to your day??

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home