Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Don't Want a Pony!

I love to watch horses - they are so beautiful and graceful. I've ridden them a handful of times, and I remember loving the way I felt as the horse galloped over mountain paths.

Well, our close friends Becky and Guy have horses and I thought it would be fun to take my nieces who are visiting from Arizona to play with the horses. I had so much fun helping Guy brush one of the horses (Rose) that I decided it might be fun to have a horse some day. I could envision myself out galloping around and I got so excited that I asked Guy if I could take Rose out for a run. He consented, but warned me that sometimes Rose gets excited and will run faster instead of stopping. I figured I could handle it.

I figured wrong.

We got halfway though the field when Rose decided she was ready to go home and bolted. Just as Guy warned, she went faster instead of stopping. I found myself praying as hard as I ever have that somehow I would live through the experience. My prayers were answered as I ungracefully fell off the running horse. A week later, I still hurt. But, nothing is broken and I am safe. What can I say other than ...

I DO NOT WANT A PONY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home